Do you remember eating gross instant Oatmeal as a kid (or even as an adult)?
That nasty packaged processed oatmeal? yuk!
You may think eating instant oatmeal is healthy for you, think again!
Read my post Switching to Organic – Read the Labels, and next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a box of your favorite instant oatmeal; take a look at the ingredients, and ponder on the unknown words you come across and why they are in your food.
Let me introduce to you Rolled Oats.
According to Wikipedia…
Rolled oats are traditionally oat groats that have been rolled into flat flakes under heavy rollers and then steamed and lightly toasted. The oat, like the other cereals, has a hard, inedible outer husk that must be removed before the grain can be eaten.
Simply put, Rolled Oats, are whole oats that have been “rolled out” (you catching on now?!), creating flakes of oats, without further processing – the closest you will get to the oats natural state.
For added flavor (and fun), top your oatmeal with fruit, seeds, sweeteners (such as Agave Syrup), and be happy knowing you are treating your body with healthy wholesome nutrients!
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ Water
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Agave Syrup
- 1 Apple
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- Hemp Seeds
- Bring water to a boil. In your serving bowl, pour water over Rolled Oats and stir
- Add Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon and Agave Syrup to Oatmeal mixture and stir to combine ingredients
- Wash the Apple, remove stem and seeds. Slice and cut into desired pieces.
- Top with Blueberries and desired amount of Hemp Seeds
- *Optional – drizzle agave syrup on top