After Making the Switch to Organic, I’ve drastically cut down on my dairy intake (particularly Milk, Yogurt and Cheese).
I’ve learned Greek Yogurt is an amazing source for protein – I know, it’s still dairy… but I said I was cutting down my intake, not eliminating it completely… anywho, thought I’d give it a try, and alas this recipe was born.
Fairly simple. The Greek Yogurt I purchased was original (no flavor I guess you can say), which is a bonus, as I can do anything with it for future use.
I made a little homemade yogurt concoction, adding very simple but subtle ingredients, topped it off with some favorite toppings and the turn out was one great tasting breakfast!
Enjoy this as a mid-day snack, and get creative. Top your Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit and nuts of your choice!
- 1 Apple
- 1 Medjool Date
- 1 Walnut
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Agave Syrup
- Mix Greek Yogurt with Lemon Zest, Vanilla Extract and Agave Syrup. Place in serving bowl and set aside.
- Wash the Apple, remove stem and seeds. Slice and cut into desired pieces.
- Place apples on top of yogurt
- Cut up Medjool Dates, and add to bowl on top of apples
- If using a fresh walnut, crack open shell, remove walnut and crush. Otherwise, use 2 whole walnut pieces, crush and sprinkle over apples
- Sprinkle Cinnamon on top
- *Optional – drizzle agave syrup on top