This is seriously the simplest chicken and potato recipe, you can ever make. Plate it to make it look all fancy, and you’ve got yourself a pretty fantastic looking meal!
How many times are you not in the mood to cook?
Seriously… I’m telling you, this will become your favorite dish to make… it’s so easy!!!
If you’re not huge on honey-mustard, play around with different dressings. I recommend a simple honey lemon, or basic lemon and EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil), or add some citrus by using orange or grapefruit… the possibilities are endless!
I first made this recipe in the summer when I was first introduced to “New Potatoes” I was hooked on these lil tasty guys, but seeing that the harvest has changed, I just use Fingerlings or Yukon Gold potatoes.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 3 New Potatoes (or any white potato of your choice - except russet!)
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tsp Ground Mustard Seeds
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Apple Cidar Vinegar
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper and optional herbs and/or spices
- Prep white potatoes by cleaning (leaving skin on), and slicing into discs (approx. 1/3 inch in width)
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes and slice into discs (approx. 1/3 inch in width)
- Bring medium sized pan of water to a boil, add a pinch of sea salt
- Add both potatoes (white and sweet), cook for 10 minutes
- Heat pan on high heat, and reduce to medium heat once the pan is hot enough
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil to coat pan and add chicken
- Sear on one side for 5 minutes, or until golden brown, turn and let other side cook for 2 minutes
- Cover pan and remove from heat. Do not disturb the chicken for 5 minutes. (this allows the chicken to continuing cooking in it’s juices from the steam).
- Check tenderness of potatoes by piercing with a fork. Drain water, rinse to remove any starch and drain again.
- Remove chicken from pan and cut into slices or desired pieces.
- Return pan to high heat and sear chicken slices, continuously tossing frying pan, to coat chicken pieces
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients in a bowl and set aside
- Begin plating by adding potatoes first, followed by chicken and top it off with Arugula and drizzle with dressing