After working out, nourishing your body and muscles is important to avoid those aches and pains, and this is a great post work-out smoothie!
Before Making the Switch to Organic, I drank protein powder smoothies, which as you can imagine, contained a whole lot of unnatural ingredients.
This concoction was inspired by Fresh Restaurant, which I found gives me the post-work out nutrients I need.
Top benefits for this post-work out smoothie include: Electrolytes, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Calcium, etc.
- 1 slice Pineapple (about an inch thick)
- 2 Kale Leaves (stems removed)
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Coconut Water
- 2 Medjool Dates
- ¼ tsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Chop pineapple, banana and dates
- Soak and clean kale leaves
- Add kale leaves and coconut water to blender, blend until leaves have broken down
- Add pineapple and blend
- Add remainder ingredients (banana, dates, ginger and cinnamon)
- Blend until there are no chunks and mixture is smooth
Photo credit to: The Daily Meal