Baked Apple Crumble is great, but all those calories in the butter and sugar is over-kill!
This is my rendition of a healthy version of Raw Apple Crumble, which can be eaten for breakfast, or a mid-day snack.
It is super easy to make, and requires no appliances or any skill set – it honestly is a 5-step process, involving cutting and mashing… if that isn’t easy enough for you already, I don’t know what is!
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- ½ Banana
- 1 Medjool Date, soaked and pitted
- ¼ Rolled Oats
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Wash the Apple, remove stem and cut into slices. Remove seeds
- Add apple slices to serving bowl
- In a small bowl, mash Banana and Medjool Dates, until combined
- Fold Rolled Oats into banana mixture and pinch of Nutmeg
- Add oat mixture to apple and sprinkle with some Cinnamon
- Soaking the Medjool Dates overnight softens the dates, making it easier to mash