This is a lil treat for my vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free foodies.
This Raw Taco Salad Recipe with Walnut Taco Meat and Cashew Sour Cream was inspired by a recipe on EatingVibrantly.com
I’ve altered the ingredients giving this recipe a 2gurly4u twist, and it is by far a super easy salad you can prepare and pack for lunch – just remember to pack the “sour cream” separate so you’re not left with a mushy salad *yuk*
If you like walnuts and are a fan of Mexican food, than you’ll love this recipe! – I know, kind of a weird combination, but far better than hitting up Taco Bell :P
A little preparation is required to soak the cashews and sun-dried tomatoes for a few hours (3-6 hours), but it’s worth it!
Be sure to scroll to the bottom for an alternate recipe subbing the Arugula for wraps, and making Raw Tacos!! *nom*
Let’s get started shall we…
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ¼ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (soaked and drained)
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- ½ tsp Granulated Onion
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (add to desired heat preference)
- ½ cup Raw Cashews (soaked and drained)
- ¼ cup Fresh Squeeze Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Granulated Onion
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup Water
- 1-2 Cups Arugula
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- ½ Avocado (diced)
- Sea Salt to taste
- In a food processor (or blender), combine all ingredients of walnut taco meat and blend until combined and chunky.
- In a blender, combine all ingredients for cashew sour cream and blend until smooth and creamy
- Begin plating your salad by adding a handful (or desired amount) of arugula
- Top with the walnut taco meat, tomatoes and avocado
- Season with sea salt and drizzle with cashew sour cream
I first tried my hand at making Raw Tacos, using Live Organic Raw Golden Flax and Corn Wrap, which I picked up at a local Natural Health Food Store.
The wraps are made of Corn, Carrots, Golden Flax, Onion, Lemon juice, Olive Oil, Chili Powder and Sea Salt.
The ingredients are soaked and sprouted, ensuring easy digestion, which is a great way for your body to absorb the nutrients.
If you come across Live Organic Raw wraps, be sure to pick up a package and try your hand at the many different options you can make, including a healthy taco!