I was introduced to this wonderful recipe during the Yoga Detox Retreat I attended.
It’s one of those recipes that I took back home, and have been making at least twice a week.
Enjoy this earth bowl for a light lunch (or dinner).
Rice & Veggie Earth Bowl
Write a review
- 2 cups Brown Rice (or wild rice, or any rice of your preference really)
- * be sure to pre-soak your grains for 24 hours
- 2 Broccoli heads (stems removed - save for another use)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (if using raw organic chickpeas, pre-soak for 24 hours, drain and rinse)
- 3 Carrots
- Dandelion sprouts (use to your own discretion)
- Alfalfa (use to your own discretion)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1.5 tbs Tahini
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook chickpeas in a pot of water (with a little bit of salt) for an hour, or until tender to your likingIf you are using chickpeas from a can, drain, and set aside.
- Cook rice as per instructions
- Steam broccoli for 2-3 minutes in a steaming basket
- Place broccoli in a bowl and add lemon juice
- Shave carrots and set aside
- Once the rice is done cooking, rinse out starch residue and drain
- In a large bowl, mix rice, Tahini and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a serving dish, start with the rice, followed by chickpeas, broccoli, carrots, Dandelion Sprouts and Alfalfa
- Lightly season with salt and pepper to your preference