As we approach Spring, I get excited when it comes to colorful, vibrant foods – I know… what a food nerd! (lol)
I quickly tossed up this salad for a quick and light lunch, using chickpeas and tuna that perfectly satisfied my hunger until my mid-day snack.
If you are packing it as a lunch for work, be sure to separate the tahini and lemon juice, that way the Tuna Chickpea Salad isn’t ruined until you are ready to eat it.
With regards to the chickpeas, I pre-soak, boil and store all of my legumes and grains, until ready for use (instructions at the end of this recipe).
- 1 can of Tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup Chickpeas
- ½ cup Cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup Red Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Grape Tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Red Onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Dill, chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- Freshly Squeeze Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbs Tahini
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flaked tuna, chickpeas, cucumber, red pepper, grape tomatoes, red onion, dill and parsley, lightly toss to combine ingredients
- Squeeze juice from lemon, and drizzle tahini sauce, toss until combined
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with pita, or naan
Using Raw Legumes
Soak for at least 24 hours
Drain, rinse and boil to desired tenderness
Store in a lightly sealed container
Fill container with cold water, and keep in refrigerator for up to a week