This applesauce was part of the diet from a 10-day detox, which we had at the end of the program, replenishing nutrients to our digestive system and cleanse the liver.
It’s so tasty, and a great start to my day, I have it for breakfast every morning!
I would recommend using all of the ingredients as they compliment each other nicely. I recall not having Medjool Dates one time, and it just didn’t taste the same.
The flavours really stand out, so if you are not big on celery for example, try replacing it with fennel, green pepper or water chestnuts for a milder taste.
Optional to add acidophilus, which will further help with digestion – I just break open the capsules and add the acidophilus in with the ingredients/
2 Celery Stalks
3 Medjool Dates
4 tbs Flax Seed
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ cup Water
- Clean and chop apples and celery
- Add apples, celery, flax seeds, cinnamon and water to blender
If using acidophilus, add it as well
- Blend until all ingredients are pureed and there are no apple chunks
- Add medjool dates and blend until they are pureed into sauce mix
- Serve in bowl (or if you use a small form of blender like a Magic Bullet – eat it directly from the cup!)
Photo credit: Liver Rescue Applesauce @ Medical Medium